PROCEDURES FOR ADVISORY COUNCIL:
I. Meetings - The council will meet at least once a month. Extra meetings may be called by the director and/or chairperson. All meetings will be open meetings.
II. Officers - Appointment/selection of officers will be determined at the initial Advisory Council meeting. The officers to be selected and their job descriptions are as follows:
- A. Chairperson - meets with the director to set agendas, notify members of upcoming meetings, chair meetings. Monitors the committee chairs and their responsibilities to see that committee meetings occur regularly.
- B. Alternate Chairperson - monitors the committee chairs and their responsibilities to see that committee meetings occur regularly. He/she is to chair meetings in the chairperson's absence.
- C. Secretary - keeps attendance and minutes, and prepares formal minutes within one full cycle (6 class days) of the Advisory Council meeting. Minutes are to be given to the school activity secretary for distribution. Minutes will be distributed to representatives, alternates, parent and staff members of the Council by the activity secretary or the Advisory Council secretary within 9 days of the previous meeting.
- D. Treasurer - reports the balance of the Advisory Council activity fund in the monthly meeting and works closely with the school activity secretary to organize and monitor the financial records of the Council.
III. Quorum - one staff member, four students, one parent, and the director.
IV. Student Membership and Responsibilities
- A. One student representative is to be chosen from each clump.
- B. One alternate representative is to be chosen from each clump to serve in the event the representative is absent.
- C. Three at-large student representatives are to be randomly chosen from volunteers at an All School Meeting early in the school year. A clump representative may not serve as an at-large member.
- D. Any representative may bring appropriate business before the Advisory Council by submitting it ahead of time to the chairperson, alternate chairperson, or director, or by making an addition to the agenda at the beginning of any Advisory Council meeting.
- E. A representative forfeits membership on the Council when she/he fails to attend three consecutive meetings and has not secured an alternate to represent their clump when absent.
- F. Student representatives are responsible for keeping their clumps or the student body informed as to the activities of the Council. Additionally, they are responsible for reflecting the ideas of their segment of the Delta community to the Council.
V. Parent Membership and Responsibilities
- A. Five parents are to be chosen from the Parents As Resources list.
- B. Parents must be available and committed to attending most or all Advisory Council meetings.
- C. All parent members have voting privileges. In the event of their absence, an alternate parent may vote.
- D. Membership on Advisory Council is normally for one year. However, up to two parents may be requested to serve an additional term to provide continuity among parent members.
VI. Teacher Membership and Responsibilities
- A. Three teachers are to be chosen by the staff to serve on Council.
- B. Teachers must be available and committed to attending most or all Advisory Council meetings.
- C. All teacher members have voting privileges. In the event of their absence, an alternate teacher may vote.