Student Devices on the SCASD Network
(Students only at the High School and Delta will be able to connect their Personal Device)
Registration - Two Part Process
- Student requests to add device through Online Portal
- Parent approves through Online Portal, after receiving an email indicating the student wants to register the device.
- If student made a mistake providing information they can revise until the device successfully connects
- Student has to authenticate to join the network each time they restart or re-open their device
1) Student Registration
- Log into the Online Portal
- Click My Technology > Personal
- Click green + to add a device
- Choose Device Type and enter Description
- Wireless MAC Address - click here for how to find Wireless MAC address on many devices
- After reviewing linked policies, click Accept bubble and Submit
2) Parent Approval
- Parent will receive email indicating student has submitted a device
- Parent will approve through Online Portal and by clicking on the green + next to the device to add approve.
If student entered MAC incorrectly, they will be able to edit the MAC address by logging back into the online portal and clicking on the edit icon
Once the process is complete, a student should be able to connect to the SCASD network.
When launching a browser screen, a student will receive this authentication screen. This will happen anytime a student loses network connection. If the student receives a DIFFERENT authentication screen, the registration was not successful and the student will need to edit through the Online Portal.