IF YOU DIDN'T READ THE EMAIL SENT EARLIER TODAY,
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
- You ALL did a fabulous job on your auditions and showed tremendous courage by being able to stand in front of us and sing, dance and act. You should be very proud of yourselves.
- Because you ALL did such a great job auditioning, we don't cut any of you. That means we cast all 97 of you! Most other schools make cuts but we won't because you ALL deserve to be seen and heard!
- Casting named roles - as well as ensemble parts - is like putting a big jigsaw puzzle together. Each member of the cast is given the part they are given because that's where they hold the puzzle together. EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU plays a vital role in keeping that puzzle together. Even if your part is not what you'd hope for, remember there is always a good and positive reason you are there. The role you play in the show is the place where you can make the biggest difference in making this the best show MNMS has ever done! YOU ARE IMPORTANT!
- Remember: there are several factors that go into casting on top of talent --- not the least which includes vocal range, chemistry with the other characters on stage, stage presence, conflicts, theater background, past attendance, projection....etc….etc…
- Ensemble members - remember when Kat said that being in the ensemble is the most fun? Well, that's especially true for this show! You will have more costume changes than anyone else in the cast (with the exception of Ariel, we think...), you will play more different parts, and you will be a part of the best production numbers in the show! This show is also suited to include ensemble members more times than any of the shows we've done in the past! Speaking of which...
- In order to make sure you are all featured and not squished onto the stage, we've created 2 ensembles: the Under the Sea ensemble and the Kiss the Girl ensemble. The Under the Sea ensemble will perform that number, and the Kiss the Girl ensemble will perform that number. You will all be in other, different scenes as well. Lots. Of. Fun.
So when you see the list later today, celebrate that you are going to be a part of something so very special, and remember that we are so very excited to have you in our Little Mermaid family!
And above all, remember:
YOU ARE ENOUGH!
FIRST REHEARSAL IS
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 21 IN THE AUDITORIUM.
ALL MEMBERS OF THE CAST ARE
CALLED FROM 3:30 TO 6:00.
CAST: We will be reading through the script and listening to some of the music from the show.
CREW: With the exception of Deavon, you are not called. If you want to come to the read thru, you are welcome to, but you do not have to be there.
All named characters will be receiving scripts. Please make sure you bring your $20
deposit with you to rehearsal so you can pick up your script.
The cast list can be found by clicking the link below:
Disney's The Little Mermaid Cast
If you find that your circumstances have changed and you can no longer be a part of the cast, please let either Mr. Shaffer
know ASAP so they can re-cast your part before rehearsal begins.