The Natatorium is used during the school day from 8:00 AM through 3:00 PM for curricular activities. Students in grades 3, 4, 7, 9, 11 and 12 participate in a variety of activities. The following describes the curriculum taught at each grade level.
SCASD Learning Principles
1. Learners are successful when their individual academic, social, and emotional needs are met.
2. Learners need timely, specific, meaningful feedback and opportunities for reflection.
3. Learners need opportunities to demonstrate their growth and understanding in a variety of ways.
4. Learners need clear goals and objectives, with suitable pacing and sequencing, to connect new learning with prior knowledge.
5. Learners need opportunities to interact, collaborate, and share.
6. Learning is enhanced when it is purposeful, student driven, and inquiry based.
7. Learning occurs best in a respectful, supportive environment of high expectations that encourages opportunities for risk-taking.
8. Learning experiences are most successful when they are engaging, authentic, and appropriately challenging.