Maroon and Gray Awards are presented four times throughout the school year. Students are nominated by teachers and participate in a special assembly with the MNMS administration.
This award is intended to recognize students who demonstrate those qualities of responsibility which are too often taken for granted in the "all around student." These students are the effective backbone of any school. Students nominated for the award should display the following qualities:Promptness
- on time to class, ready to go when the teacher begins, ready to participatePreparation
- arrives to class with all required materials, completes homework dailyReliability
- responsible behavior, makes good choices regularlyCourtesy
- treats other students with respect, includes everyone, polite to students and teachersConsideration
- understands feelings of others, speaks kindly to students and teachers, is sensitive to and shows concern for others