Home and School Visitor Service
As an integral component of the State College Area School District's Student Service Department, the Home/School Visitor is involved with a variety of activities, involving all grade levels. The Home/School Visitor is particularly concerned with: absenteeism and the development of a plan to establish and maintain regular school attendance; serving as a liaison between parents and school personnel to create a home-school partnership.
- Acts as a connection between parents and school personnel so that a home-school partnership is created
- Participates in meetings with school staff, community agencies, parents and student
- Outreach to parents; referral to appropriate school and community resources
Truancy and Attendance Intervention
- Assessment of truancy
- Establish Truancy Elimination Plan (TEP)
- Facilitate services of outside agencies
- Facilitate school meetings and provision of school resources>
- Court Liaison - file 2nd Truancy Offenses in court & attend Truancy Hearings
- Report chronic truancy to Children & Youth Services
- Refer students who dropout of school to GED program
- Truancy Meetings - to establish TEP, discuss school's attendance rules, discuss court process and court consequences for truancy
- Attend SAP (Student Assistance Program) meetings at Middle Schools
- Attend casings meeting at High Schools
- Attend IST (Instructional Support Team) meetings as needed
- Attend IEP (Individualized Education Program) meetings as needed
- Attend other school meetings as needed
- Truancy meetings with parents/guardian and student
District and Community Committees
SAP District Council
CAC for Safe Schools
SCASD Records Committee
CASSP Advisory Board
Children and Youth Services Multi-Disciplinary Team
Centre County Council for Human Services (CCCHS)
PA Association of School Social Work Personnel
SAP - Student Assistance Program
CAC - Citizen's Advisory Committee
CASSP - Child and Adolescent Service System Program
MSW in Clinical Social Work
Certified Home and School Visitor
Outpatient therapist with children and adolescents - 15 yrs.
School social worker - 2 yrs.
Home and School Visitor - 7 yrs.
Home/School Visitor Referral Form (.doc)
Pat Stevens, MSW
154 W. Nittany Ave.
State College, Pa. 16801