State College Area High School
Parent - Teacher - Student - Organization 2020-2021
We are currently working on a plan for ways to help the Teachers, Staff and Students. An email will go out shortly to all families and this site will be updated. Thank you for your patience.
Who We Are: The purpose of the PTSO is to aid all students of State High in achieving their fullest potential by providing educational and personal enrichment opportunities and by encouraging the interaction of parents, teachers and the community. All parents, students and faculty are members of the PTSO.
What We Do:
- Provide a forum for parents, students and teachers to discuss issues and provide input to administration
- Fund Mini Grants for student organizations and teacher action teams
- Maintain a Library Memorial Fund
- Fund the Lunch Loan Fund allowing students to borrow money for lunch
- Assist students and families who have encountered recent health challenges with the Student Welfare Fund
- Host teacher appreciation events and other informative parent meetings
- Fund the Sue Sheridan Memorial Fund helping students cover costs of field trips, caps and gowns and yearbooks
- Support RAK, Random Acts of Kindness program by providing donations
How You Can Be Involved:
- Come to PTSO meetings held the second Tuesday of the month, 7:00 pm in the conference room off the main office
- Volunteer to chair a committee for teacher appreciation events
- Be a part of the review committee for student and teacher mini grants
- Chaperone; school dances, field trips, classroom activities
- Provide baked goods or help set-up events
- Send in tissues when needed
- Provide a donation to fund the PTSO
Please help your PTSO by making a donation. Checks can be turned into either office or mailed. We also have a PayPal donation link on our web page.
Thank you for your support!
The 2020-2021 PTSO officers,
Megan McDaniel, President
Rina Kumar, Vice Predident
Lisa Kopp, Treasurer
Ann Limegrover, SecretaryContact us and we will get you involved!Megan McDaniel, President: firstname.lastname@example.org