Todd Dishong, Ed.D.Principal, Spring Creek Elementary SchoolDr. Dishong joined the district as principal of Houserville/Lemont on July 1, 2012. He is very glad to be part of the Spring Creek Elementary School and counts it a great opportunity to work in such a student-centered school district and community. He looks forward to serving the community and district and feels that this is best done through a collaborative and participative approach. He has been in education for 15 years at various levels and has worked at three separate districts (Williamsburg, Tyrone, and Juniata Valley)His prior professional experience includes:
Dr. Dishong has been very active in literacy education and instruction K-12, presenting and providing professional development from district and county wide in-service days to the Keystone State Reading Association Conference. He also recently completed training through the Penn Literacy Network (PLN) and Pennsylvania Instructional Institute for Coaching (PIIC).His education includes:
- Junior/Senior High School Principal for three years
- Fifth and sixth grade teacher, Juniata Valley School District
- First grade Language Arts/Reading Recovery, W-burg/J.V.
- Title One Reading Specialist, Tyrone School District
His Pennsylvania certifications:
- B.S., Elementary Education, Lock Haven University
- M.S., Curriculum and Instruction/Reading Specialist Certification, Penn State University
- Doctorate of Education, Administrative Leadership Studies (ALS) from Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
He has coached various sports from kindergarten up to college and worked with young people and adults via YMCA, scouting, counseling/rehabilitation and church youth groups through adventure based programs (Project Adventure, caving, rappelling, etc.) He likes running and hiking in the woods and mountains (and has been known to run 100 miles at a clip!) He also enjoys camping and spending time with his wife Lisa, two sons Jed and Silas, and two dogs Sady and Max.You can reach Dr. Dishong via email at [email protected] or by phone at 814-231-5026.
- Reading Specialist Certification, Penn State University
- K-12 Principal Certification, Saint Francis University
Last Modified on August 27, 2020