Welcome!Look for dates and details as each season approaches.
Intramural sports are available for all fourth and fifth graders at MNE. We offer these as after school activities to enrich the students' athletic experience.
Intramural activities in our district provide opportunities for competition and recreational physical activities at the elementary level. Intramural activities are conducted within our school district and do not involve events with other school districts. No physical is needed and there is no cost unless otherwise noted.
Intramural activities usually run from 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm. Students must be picked up by 4:30 pm, or they may walk or ride a bike home with written permission. Participation is optional for each season. Behavior expectations are high, and teamwork and sportsmanship are emphasized.
As part of the district athletics program, we adopt the same core mission:
To positively impact the lives of others,
we will develop and support a premier athletic program
built on a tradition of integrity and excellence,
upholding high academic, social, and athletic standards
POSITIVE PERFORMANCE PATHWAY
Know and do the right thing
Do it with relentless effort
Do it with compassion and care for others
Seasons: We offer the following intramural choices throughout the year:
- Open Gym / Open Field - may include flag football and team sports
- Basketball or Bowling
- Skiing & Snowboarding - at Tussey Mountain; fees apply
- Volleyball - 5th graders will compete in district tournament
- Swimming - at high school natatorium
- Track & Field - 4th & 5th graders will compete in district track meet
- Participation forms must be handed in for each sport prior to joining that intramural offering. See your IM coordinator for forms when necessary.
- Students need to be picked up promptly at the end of practice. Repeated failure to do so may make the student ineligible for participation.
- Participation in the State College Elementary Intramural Program is a privilege. Students are expected to respect the rights of others and follow the instructions/rules of the Instructors/Coaches for their safety and that of the other children. If a child fails to behave properly,
- First offense: a written notice must go home for a Parent or Guardian signature.
- Second offense: suspension from all Intramural activities offered for the year.
- IM Sessions may need to be cancelled on some occasions due to weather or scheduling conflicts. We will attempt to contact you as soon as we are aware of the cancellation.
See the other pages to the left for more specific information.
Contact your IM coordinator below or the Elementary Intramural Coordinator, Dustin Brackbill at email@example.com
- Jill Ross (CS) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thea Park (EP)
- Debbie Ritter (FT) email@example.com
- Matt Petersen (GW) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lynn Darlington & Maggie McCaffrey (HO) email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrea Snyder (MNE) email@example.com
- Lisa Vonada (PFE) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lisa Vonada & Beth Stover (RP) email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org