Student-Athlete Registration Process
We are happy to share that our new FamilyID registration platform is up and running.
PIAA Fall Sport Physicals - All students in grades 7-12 who wish to join a State College Area School District PIAA sports teams for the 2021/2022 school year must complete the electronic application (CIPPE) form.
Attention: Concussion Testing Dates for Summer 2021
PA Act 66 - Grade Level Retention & the PIAAIn light of PA Act 66, the PIAA has not changed their athletic eligibility rules and have indicated that they would not likely be changing their rules.Key Points:
Please let us know if you have any questions or need further clarification.
- the PIAA athletic eligibility clock starts once a student enters 9th grade
- students have 4 years of athletic eligibility once their clock starts
- students repeating 8th grade (or lower) may indeed delay the start of their PIAA eligibility clock
- students that turn 19 before July 1 are not eligibile for that year
The SCASD is committed to support opportunities for our children and families.
Do you know a student that could benefit?
The Richard Queeney Memorial fund and the Sue Sheridan Fund are two resources that are available to help students who lack necessary resources for participation. Both funds have specific parameters and are dedicated to offering support to students with financial need.
- Any student k-12
- Who attend a school in the State College Area School District
- Who may need financial assistance to attend a field trip, educational experience, or cover the costs of participating in other opportunities
Welcome to the State College Area School District Athletic Department
Chris Weakland, Athletic Director
Loren Crispell, Assistant Athletic Director
Susie Sekunda, Secretary
Deanna Yarnell, Secretary
650 Westerly Parkway State College, PA 16801
Office hours 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.