State College, home to about 42,000 permanent residents comprises part of the largest metropolitan area in Centre County. Located in the center of Pennsylvania, the borough and adjacent townships form the State College Area School District and Centre Region, a vibrant community fueled by Penn State. With 46,000 undergraduate and graduate students at its University Park campus in State College, the university serves as an economic engine, employing the most residents, supporting scientific and high-tech industries and helping make the area a regional retail hub. Though it’s growing, State College remains at heart a small college town with downtown shops, tree-lined streets and tranquil parks. Minutes from town lie working farms, state forests and mountains. Sports are popular, but a wealth of cultural opportunities-from classical music concerts to Broadway shows-exist for a diverse population representing a variety of academic, scientific, medical, artistic, commercial and agricultural occupations.
THE HIGH SCHOOL
- Four year public school- IB World Campus
- Comprehensive curriculum: academic and vocational-technical
- Enrollment of grades 9 - 12 is just slightly under 2400- Graduation rate 93.67
- Percent of graduates who attend a 4 year university - 75%
- Percent of high school graduates who graduate from a 4 year university - 66%
· Pennsylvania Department of EducationFor a copy of the 2020-2021 State College High School Profile please click here.
Last Modified on February 4, 2021