Fitness Center Certification Course
ON LINE COURSE W/ IN PERSON COMPONENT:The online portion must be completed in full (and passed) by the second day of the in-person portion.
The in-person portion requires the participant to be able to properly perform the following exercises: Back Squat, Deadlift, Bench Press, Shoulder Press and Triceps Extension.No refunds are granted for students who do not successfully complete both portions of the program in the allocated time.SIGN UP: COMMUNITY EDUCATION WEBSITEAttendance at in-person sessions is mandatory.
- Both portions of the course must be completed in full and passed successfully in the advertised time frame in order for a student to become certified.
LOCATION: High School Fitness CenterREGISTRATION DEADLINE: Class registration closes at 3pm the week prior to the class, or when the class is full. Walk-ins will not be permitted to take the course.ON-LINE COURSE: You will receive an email indicating that you have been enrolled in the course by Friday of the enrollment week, sooner if the class fills.IN-PERSON PARCTIUM DATE: Will be listed on your course receipt.CLASS DATES/TIME: September 19 & 21 from 4-5:30pmIN-PERSON DURATION: 2 Days for 1.5 hoursCOURSE LIMIT: 12 students
- Course Minimum: Eight (8) students must be registered or the course will be cancelled.
ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENT: You must attend all sessions on the dates listed (for the option you choose) to complete the course.COST: $27 fee
- All students must be pre-registered and paid in advance.
- All students must pass the online course prior to the in-person instruction.
- No walk-ins will be accepted.
- Go to the Community Education Website and click All Classes.
- New users will need to create an account.
- Click Create An Account near the bottom of the page.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to create an account.
- Once you have created your account or signed in, click All Classes at the top of the page.
- Scroll to Fitness Certification (Hybrid) and click the course name. Click Register Now next to the appropriate course. Be sure to pay attention to individual class dates!
- Select the student you would like to enroll in the course.
- You will be asked a series of questions about each enrolled student.
- Click View Cart & Checkout.
- Complete payment with a Visa or MasterCard.
- Note - for summer offerings, if you are a rising 9th grader, you must update the student's grade prior to selecting the course or you will be unable to enroll the student.
SCASD Community Education 240 Villa Crest Drive, State College, PA 16801
- Payment MUST be completed at the time of registration. (See above)
- Do not return payment to the Fitness Center or High School.
- Cancellations must be made by contacting the Community Education office at least five (5) business days prior to the start of a course or no refund will be issued. All cancellations are subject to a $15 non-refundable processing fee.
Monday through Friday 8 AM to 4:30 PM
(814) 231-1061 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Attendance at all classes is mandatory.
This course is open to the following State High students:
- INCOMING ninth graders (beginning in APRIL).
- Current ninth graders who do not have physical education scheduled until the Spring semester.
- Tenth through twelfth graders who have not yet obtained certification that was offered in ninth grade.
- For those students that completed physical education via correspondence.
- Transfer students
If you fall into one of these two groups, you are required to obtain pre-certification before you can participate in the Fitness Club or with an athletic team at the Fitness Center.
Ninth graders currently taking PE will be certified in November/December in PE class. If a student does not wish to pay for this course, they can wait to become certified in class.