Schedule Change Deadlines
- The last day to ADD a new fall semester or yearlong course is: after the first two weeks of school.
- The last day to ADD a new spring semester course is: after the first two weeks of the second semester.
- The last day to DROP a fall semester course without penalty is: after one week past the end of the first marking period.
- The last day to DROP a yearlong course without penalty is: after one week past the end of the second marking period.
- The last day to DROP a spring semester course without penalty is: after one week past the end of third marking period.
- If the course is dropped after these dates, a “W” plus the grade attained at the time of the drop will be recorded on the student’s transcript.
- The grade attained at the time of the drop will not be calculated in the student’s GPA. The student must maintain 6.5 credits of instruction for the school year (current freshmen and sophomores) and 6.0 credits (current junior and seniors). Credit is not given for dropped courses.
Course Transfer Policy:
When a student transfers from as advanced to a non-advanced course, his/her grades/percentages will reflect the weight of the advanced course calculated with the non-advanced grade. For example, if a student takes 5 weeks of an advanced course earning a 65% and decides to change levels to a non-advanced course, the grade will reflect the weight and transfer at 75%. This allows the student to carry earned credit for an increased workload and more challenging content.
* Students will not be permitted to transfer from a non-advanced course to an advanced course beyond the 4th week of school without receiving teacher, parent and administrative approval.