High School Sap Referral Link


    What is the Student Assistance Program (SAP)
         The Student Assistance Program is designed to assist students in overcoming obstacles which pose a barrier to a student's learning and success in school. These obstacles may include, but are not limited to academics, attendance, mental health and wellness, behavioral issues, alcohol, or substance abuse.

    Who is involved in SAP?
         The core of the program is a team trained according to state guidelines. Members of the team may include teachers, principals, nurses, school counselors, school psychologists and representatives from local community human service agencies. The Student Assistance Program is a support service for students and families.

    Who can make a referral? Anyone can refer a student to SAP when they are concerned about their behavior; school staff, classmates, friends, family, community members, or the students themselves.

    Should I report this to Safe2Say or the school SAP online referral system? 

    • If this referral is a life-threatening emergency where time is of the essence, please call 911 or make an anonymous referral to Safe2Say. Safe2Say provides a way to make an anonymous referral that needs to be handled right away. You can also call Safe2Say at (1-844-SAF2SAY). Examples of referrals include, but are not limited to violence, harm to self or others, suicide or suicide ideation. You can find a complete list of referral topics on the Safe2Say website. Bottom line: If you see something that makes you uncomfortable or concerned, report it.

     Safe2Say Online Referral Site

    • The online SAP form is meant for non-crisis referrals only and is only monitored during school times. The site is not monitored during school vacations, weekends, or the summer.  If this is an emergency, please notify 911, Safe2Say, Can-Help (1-800-643-5432) or a trusted adult.


    • In addition, the SAP referral line is NOT a discipline referral site. If you have a concern that is related to discipline/behavior, you should contact a counselor or administrator directly. Because this is an anonymous referral process, we can not adequately investigate discipline related matters without the name of the person making a referral.






Last Modified on September 13, 2022