Meet the Teachers
"To be useful was the best thing the old men ever hoped for themselves, and to be aimless was their worst fear." - Gilead by Marilynne Robinson. I hope I can be of use!
I am a graduate of The Pennsylvania State University with a B.S. in Secondary Education - English and Communications and an M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction with my Reading Specialist certificate. I was also a PDS intern here at State College Area High School. Teaching is my passion and I hope to bring my enthusiasm for learning into my classroom and pass it on to my students. I am here to help you in any way I can!
- I have a beautiful three year old daughter named Norah. She is a smart, energetic, funny little girl and we had the best summer together!
- I have an adorable, seven-year old boxer named Mickey.
- I am a true-blue Penn State fan and very proud to call it my Alma Mater! Throughout my college career, I worked for the Office of Governmental Affairs during the football games as a student representative and could always be found in the Sky Box cheering on the PSU players and promoting Penn State. Now, I continue to attend as many games each fall as possible!
- I love country music.
- I enjoy being outside, going to the beach, having camp fires, playing with my daughter, niece, and nephews and I love the color pink!
- I love coloring!
- I am an advocate for the arts. I have been involved in drama/theater, the band/choir, ballet, and baton twirling since I was a young girl. I also attend several Penn State and local theater productions every year.
- I love to read and am a life long learner.
- I am slightly addicted to Pinterest. :)
- My motto- "If you don't know the answer, figure it out."