Opportunities Outside of the Gymnasium
Listed below are some opportunities of how you can keep your child active outside of school. In Elementary Physical Education we explore a variety of skill sets that will offer a base foundation for successful moving and or performing a task. Hopefully your child continues to build upon these skills sets throughout their entire elementary careers and remain healthy & active throughout the rest of their lives!CrossFit Kids Lionheart:CrossFit Kids is a strength and conditioning program used to teach children to be healthy and strong to establish the lifelong love of working out. The goal of both the CrossFit Kids and Teens program is to improve general fitness fitness in order to safely prepare children/teens for sports and life. Their program is based on 10 fitness domains: Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance, Stamina, Strength, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Coordination, Agility, Balance, and Accuracy.More information about CrossFit Kids can be found on their website with the schedule of their children's classes. Click CrossFit Contact to see how to get in touch with the CrossFit Kids program.
The State College YMCA strengthens the foundations of our community through well-being and fitness, camps,family time, swim, sports and play, and other activities for people of all ages,incomes and abilities. We’re more than just a place to work out. At the Y, we help build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all with the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility at the heart of everything we do.
With a commitment to nurturing youth development, promoting healthy living, and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Y ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow and thrive.
"Our mission with Youth Martial Arts is to provide a character development program to the area’s youth through martial arts. We want to provide children with a constructive outlet for their energy while gaining the attributes and qualities parents strive for in their children.
We specialize in strengthening students self confidence, discipline, focus, leadership skills, respect for others, perseverance and integrity all while giving them an activity which will physically challenge their bodies and mentally stimulate their minds. This combination leads to a program which drives students to work hard and set goals not only in martial arts but in all walks of life."
Classes available for 3-5 year olds, 5-10 year olds, 10-12 year olds and teens!
Summer Camps, SCASD After School Enrichment, Birthday Parties, and more!
1700 South Atherton St.
(Beside Subway & Honey Baked Ham)
Nittany Track and Field:
Nittany Track and Field is a non-profit club for boys and girls 8 to 19 years old. Our main objective is to foster a positive, fun and supportive atmosphere for training and athletic growth. The club coaches encourage kids to set personal goals and develop discipline and techniques needed to reach those goals. Training is suited to all levels of ability and experience.
The mission of Centre Region Parks and Recreation is to serve Centre Region residents of all ages throughout the year with a variety of recreation opportunities for enriching their lives through the use of programs and facilities, leadership resources,and technical assistance services for participating municipalities, individuals and groups.
1) Help young kids (primarily in 1st-8th Grades) fall in love with the sport of volleyball.
2) Provide fun, high quality, low cost and well organized entry and intermediate level volleyball opportunities for youth through camps,clinics, leagues and tournaments.
3) Teach sound fundamentals of forearm passing, setting, hitting, overhand serving, digging and blocking.
4) Introduce basic concepts of game play and strategy (pass, set, hit!).
5) Develop a network of IPV chapters to fuel the growth of the sport and provide enhanced low cost intermediate level travel team and tournament opportunities for our players.
6) Assist players as they progress in the game to connect with club programs in their area and help them continue on in the sport to whatever level their ability and desire takes them.
Nittany Lion Wrestling Club
The NLWC supports the wrestling community in Central Pennsylvania by
1) providing instructional opportunities for scholastic and collegiate wrestlers.
2) offering off-season camps and practices for scholastic and collegiate wrestlers.
3) funding travel to non-NCAA National and International competitions and training programs.
4) offering open seminars and clinics by nationally recognized experts on nutrition, healthy dieting, weight control,sports psychology, and strength training.