For Parents:Global Connections - Penn State resource for diverse familiesSchlow Library - State College FREE public library
Suggestions For Parents:
- Read to your child in your native language.
- Continue to use your native language to teach life skills.
- Discuss events in your native languageMaintain contacts with relatives and friends in home country.
- Ask child to retell events that happened during the day in both English & native language.
- Allow your child to join extracuricular activites (Intermurals, the YMCA, sports, music, etc.)
Last Modified on August 29, 2017