When you or a friend need help: The Student Assistance Program can help.Do you know someone who is
SAP can help.What is SAP? SAP is a program dedicated to helping students who are having problems in or out of school. There are several ways to a student can help a friend in need:
- often sad or angry?
- dieting all the time?
- experimenting with drugs? alcohol? prescription drugs?
- falling apart at school?
- suffering from verbal, sexual, or physical abuse from an older sibling, a parent, or a relative?
- is thinking about running away from home?
- is thinking about hurting himself or herself?
- Tell an adult (teacher, counselor, administrator, staff member, or parent) who can contact the counseling office and/or make a SAP referral.
- Make an anonymous SAP referral yourself. (Drop off a note in the box outside the counseling office)
- Encourage your friend to talk with a counselor.
- Fill out a referral card and turn it in to the counseling office. You can get a card from the main office, the counseling office, the nurse, the library or click here to access online SAP Referral.
If you need more information for students or parents, follow the links below:
Do you need to talk now?
- Drugfree.org - This partnership is a drug abuse prevention, intervention, treatment and recovery resource.
HOT LINESDRUG AND ALCOHOLTREATMENT GENERAL INFORMATIONCAN HELP(Centre County)24 hour Hot Line1-800-643-5432Clear Concepts355-7629Centre CountyMH/MR D&A355-6786Community Help Centre24 hour Hot Line814-237-5855Counseling Alternatives231-0940
Last Modified on August 31, 2023