EASTERLY PARKWAY FAQ
· ARRIVAL - Students should arrive to school no earlier than 7:50 a.m. Students can then go directly to their classroom and get organized to start school at 8:10 a.m. Announcements and the pledge to the flag are done daily by one of our students. Birthdays are also announced at this time.
· BREAKFAST - Students who get breakfast at school should stop by the cafeteria as soon as they arrive and pickup their breakfast to take to the classroom to eat.
· TARDY/ ABSENT - If a student arrives at school after 8:10 a.m. they are considered late and will need to be signed in at the office by the parent/guardian. The student will receive a tardy slip to be given to the classroom teacher.
If a student is absent from school due to illness or if they are going to be late because of a morning appointment please call the SAFE AT SCHOOL phone number (814-231-1011 ext. 1171) and report their absence. If we do not hear from you by 9:30 a.m. you will receive a call from the office checking on your child’s safety.
When the student returns to school an excuse is required. A simple note from you will do or you can print an excuse form.
· EARLY DISMISSAL - If you need to pick your child up early for an appointment or if they would become ill at school, you will need to come to the office and sign them out. Whenever possible, please send a note with your child letting his/her teacher know of an early dismissal.
· OFFICE DELIVERIES - Homework, instruments, clothes, lunches, birthday/party treats, etc. should be left in the office. We will call the classroom and your student will pick them up at a convenient time. We try very hard not to interrupt the classroom learning process.
· BIRTHDAY TREATS - Arrange these with your child’s teacher in advance. They will be able to tell you if there are any food restrictions in the classroom. Cupcakes or individual snack items are best. If you bring a cake, please remember to bring plates & forks.
· TRIP FORMS - Trip Forms are required for all days a student will be absent for travel. Print an Educational Trip Form. Complete the form and return it to your child's teacher. A two-week notice is preferred – but understand that circumstances may not allow that to be possible.
· VOLUNTEERS - If you are volunteering in your child’s classroom or any other area in the school, you must complete and turn in to the office a Classroom Volunteer Information Checklist for the current school year. Upon arrival for your volunteer time, sign in at the office and get a Visitor Tag. You will then sign out when you leave.
· LUNCH AT SCHOOL - You are welcome to join your child for lunch any day. If you want to buy a school lunch, you will need to send a note to the teacher or call the office and place your order by 9:15 a.m. You may also bring a lunch from home or just come and visit during lunch. The price of your lunch will be taken from your child’s lunch account or you may pay in the office when you come in. The cafeteria cannot take money while they are serving lunch. Adult lunch price is $3.15.
· PHONE CALLS - All calls made from any phone in the building will indicate the main office phone number (231-1170). Please check to see if a message was left before you return the call. The office will not know who called you. If it is an emergency, they will keep trying to reach you at all phone numbers listed on your child’s emergency sheet.
· AFTER SCHOOL PLANS - If your child’s plans for after school are different than their normal routine you must send a note to their teacher. If you need to make these arrangements during the school day you can email Mollie (email@example.com) and Dawn (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the office. If you do not receive a confirming email please call the school office. Please call or email the office before 2:30 p.m. to allow us time to get the message to the teacher.