Awards and RecognitionThe State College Area School District / Pennsylvania State University Professional Development School has been working together for the past 16 years. Together we have been awarded the following distinctions.
- Kelly Mark, Radio Park third grade teacher, received the National Association for Professional Development Schools (NAPDS) Doctoral Dissertation Award in 2017 for her work with PDS while earning her Ph.D.
- 2011 "Spirit of Partnership" Award from the National Association for Professional Development Schools (NAPDS)
- Donnan Stoicovy received the Claudia Ballach Award for Teacher Research in Professional Development Schools from the PDS Special Interest Group of the American Educational Research Association
- 2009 National Association for Professional Development Schools’ (NAPDS) Award for Exemplary Professional Development School Achievement
- Awarded the Nancy Zimpher Award for Best Partnership in 2004.
- Selected to be showcased at 2001 Holmes Partnership meeting in Albuquerque, New Mexico for development of teacher inquiry as core component of veteran teacher professional growth in the PDS.
- 2001 Association of Teacher Educator's Outstanding Dissertation of the Year Award presented to Diane Silva for dissertation entitled Mentor Teachers Ways of Being and Knowing in a Professional Development School.
- 2001 The Alpha Tau Chapter of Phi Delta Kappa's Innovative Educator of the Year presented to Nancy Dana and Jim Nolan for their leadership in PDS work.
- 2001 Northeastern Educational Research Association's Outstanding Teacher Research Award awarded to Diane Reed and Amy Jones, Teachers, Radio Park Elementary Professional Development School.
- 2000 Pennsylvania Association of Colleges and Teacher Educator's Teacher Educator of the Year Award presented to Jim Nolan for his work in teacher education, including PDS work.
- In 1999, the Elementary Professional Development School Collaborative was awarded one of 11 K-16 partnership Grants funded by the Lucent Technology Foundation.
Last Modified on December 14, 2017