• Is there a parent handbook where I can review policies and procedures?

    Posted by:

    Yes, you can view it by clicking the CEEL Forms & Documents link at left.  Policies and procedures are subject to change from year to year and without warning under exceptional circumstances.

    Comments (-1)
  • What are the program details for the before school option?

    Posted by:

    The before school option is offered from 7:30 a.m. to 7:55 a.m. each school day.  The rate is $55 per month.  The program is staffed by the site supevisor.  During the before school option, students play quiet games or participate in light physical activity.  Enrichment activities are not offered in the before school option.

    Programs require a minimum enrollment in order to run. Parents will be notified in late-July if their school's program is not going to run.

    While Corl Street is not home to an afterschool program, we will hold a before school program there if the minimum enrollment number is met. 

    Comments (-1)
  • Am I able to pay for my CEEL fees using my employer-issued dependent care account?

    Posted by:

    Payment is made online using a Visa or MasterCard.  Some employer-issued cards have a Visa or MasterCard logo, but do not operate in the same way as a traditional credit card and do not function in our system.  While many families use their dependent care accounts to cover CEEL expenses, some families must pay out of pocket first and submit reimbursement forms to their employer.  Documentation is available from our online system which satisfies most employer requirements for reimbursement.  If additional documentation is required, we are happy to work with you to obtain that. 


    We have found that some cards will work after pre-authorization from the company that administers the dependent care account.  Call the 800 number on the back of your card to determine if they will allow SCASD Community Education charges for CEEL.

    Comments (-1)
  • Does this program qualify for the State Child Care Subsidy?

    Posted by:

    The CEEL program does not qualify for the Child Care Subsidy program.  

    Comments (-1)
  • What is the CEEL Tax ID #?

    Posted by:

    The tax ID # for all Community Education courses is 24-6001247. This number can be found on all receipts as well.

    Comments (-1)
  • Where can I find receipt of payments I have made for CEEL?

    Posted by:

    Invoice Receipts for Tax Statements

    You are strongly encouraged to print a copy of each receipt you receive following your CEEL payments. If you do not do this and require receipts for tax purposes, you will need to do the following to print a receipt with all payments listed for the current school year (families who were with us last school year will need to print the receipt from last year, as well, in order to cover a full calendar year):

    • Log in to the registration site found at www.scasd.org/CEEL 
    • Click My Billing Info.
    • Click My Invoices. Look for the Invoice for the current school year (DATE: will show date you registered; STATUS will show Payment Plan, if you are currently on the payment plan).
    • Click Print.
    • The Tax ID number required by most organizations is printed on the receipt and can also be found under CEEL FAQ on the CEEL homepage.

    Should your company or tax preparer require a different form of payment verification, email your specific requests to commed-reg@scasd.org at least two weeks prior to the date you need the document.



    Comments (-1)
  • I still have questions about the CEEL Program, who do I contact?

    Posted by:

    Feel free to contact the supervisor at your child's school:

    Easterly Parkway (serving Corl Street students) - Thea Park - 814-357-5479 - tdp17@scasd.org
    Ferguson Township - Morgan Lang - 814-574-5509 - mrl23@scasd.org
    Gray's Woods - Antonio Rascon-Gato - 814-574-2617 - axr32@scasd.org
    Mount Nittany - Zachary Finley - 814-571-0648 - ztf13@scasd.org 

    Park Forest - Lisa Vonada 814-571-2294 - lxv11@scasd.org 
    Radio Park - Patty McKenna - 814-571-3349 - pjm24@scasd.org
    Spring Creek - Rachel Sackett  - 814-810-8399 - rjs30@scasd.org

    You may also contact the SCASD Community Education office between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. by calling (814) 231-1061 or send an email anytime to commed-reg@scasd.org.

    The Community Education Coordinator, Shannon Messick, can be reached by calling the number above or emailing sem29@scasd.org.

    Comments (-1)
Last Modified on May 5, 2022