Yes, you can view it by clicking the CEEL Forms & Documents link at left. Policies and procedures are subject to change from year to year and without warning under exceptional circumstances.
Our policy states:
- If there is a two-hour delay, the CEEL Before School program will open at 9:30 a.m. (This is only for those students registered for the Before School program.) A one-hour delay would delay opening until 8:30 a.m.; a three-hour delay would delay opening until 10:30 a.m.
- If there is an early dismissal due to winter weather conditions, the CEEL program is cancelled. Be sure your child and your child’s teacher know what your dismissal plan is in advance of inclement weather.
- If school is cancelled, there is no CEEL program.
- If a scheduled in-service day program needs to be cancelled due to severe weather conditions, an email will be sent by 6:00 a.m. to parents of all CEEL students registered for the program and information will be posted on the CEEL homepage (www.scasd.org/CEEL).
- If all after school activities are cancelled, the CEEL afterschool program may be held. Parents will be notified of the status. The program may operate as usual, close entirely, or close early to ensure the safety of all students and staff.
Weather related cancellations can be found on the SCASD home page (www.scasd.org). We also encourage you to download the SCASD app to receive notifications regarding weather, available in the app store for Google and Apple.
Payment is made online using a Visa or MasterCard. Some employer-issued cards have a Visa or MasterCard logo, but do not operate in the same way as a traditional credit card and do not function in our system. While many families use their dependent care accounts to cover CEEL expenses, some families must pay out of pocket first and submit reimbursement forms to their employer. Documentation is available from our online system which satisfies most employer requirements for reimbursement. If additional documentation is required, we are happy to work with you to obtain that.
We have found that some cards will work after pre-authorization from the company that administers the dependent care account. Call the 800 number on the back of your card to determine if they will allow SCASD Community Education charges for CEEL.
The CEEL program does not qualify for the Child Care Subsidy program.
Invoice Receipts for Tax Statements
You are strongly encouraged to print a copy of each receipt you receive following your CEEL payments. If you do not do this and require receipts for tax purposes, you will need to do the following to print a receipt with all payments listed for the current school year (families who were with us last school year will need to print the receipt from last year, as well, in order to cover a full calendar year):
- Log in to the registration site found at www.scasd.org/CEEL
- Click My Billing Info.
- Click My Invoices. Look for the Invoice for the current school year (DATE: will show date you registered; STATUS will show Payment Plan, if you are currently on the payment plan).
- Click Print.
- The Tax ID number required by most organizations is printed on the receipt and can also be found under CEEL FAQ on the CEEL homepage.
Should your company or tax preparer require a different form of payment verification, email your specific requests to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to the date you need the document.
Feel free to contact the Site Supervisor at your child's school:
Easterly Parkway Elementary School (serving Corl Street students) - Thea Park - firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Creek Elementary School - Rachel Sackett - email@example.com
You may also contact the SCASD Community Education office between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. by calling (814) 231-1061 or send an email anytime to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Community Education Coordinator, Shannon Messick, can be reached by calling the number above or emailing email@example.com.