The PE 1 and PE 2 courses in the virtual school are operated through Canvas and will cover the following topics:
- Health Related Fitness Components
- Cardio Vascular Endurance
- Muscular Strength
- Muscular Endurance
- Body Composition
- Personal Fitness & Developing a Fitness Plan
- Lifelong Activities Introduction
- Lifelong Activities: YOGA
- Lifelong Activities: Cardiovascular Training
- Lifelong Activities: Wilderness Activities
- Frisbee Activities
- Sports & Society
- Current Events
There are two parts to this course:
- Weekly Content Modules: There are topic specific modules broken out ina weekly format for students to complete throughout the term. While there are due dates for the assignments within these modules, there is no penalty for a student completign them after the "due date." These dates are suggested dates for completion based on steady progress through the term.
- Weekly Fitness Logs: Seperate from the content in the topic modules are weekly fitness tracking logs. Students need to complete these each week, regardless of whether they are keeping up with the content in the topic modules. These logs are a significant portion of the grade and students must be completing them weekly. Students who will be traveling will still need to keep track of their fitness activities while absent to complete the logs when they can access the internet again. Please reach out to your teacher if you expect to have an extended absence during the term to make arragnements for the fitness logs.
IMPORTANT: To earn a minimum grade in the course (a D), you must complete at least all of the course work in the content portion of the course.