State College Area School District
State College, PA
Instructor: Mr. David Williams IV
Department: Career and Technical Center—Marketing
Course Number: F739, S739
Course Title: Entertainment & Sports Marketing II
Prerequisites: Entertainment & Sports Marketing I
Entertainment and Sports Marketing 2 focuses on the creation of an entertainment and sports marketing plan. Students will also conduct market research in preparation of the marketing plan. Case studies, guest speakers, field trips and seminars will be used as well as group projects are included along with internship opportunities.
1. Explain basic marketing concepts and define the seven key functions.
2. Understand target markets and identify marketing strategies for the sports/entertainment marketing fields.
3. Explain the marketing mix for amateur, college, and professional sports.
4. Understand utility and identify its many functions.
5. Explain the economic impact community service, sports camps, and workshops have on the sports and entertainment industries.
6. Create a marketing plan for the sports and entertainment industry.
7. Describe the impact E-Business has on the sports and entertainment industries.
8. Identify the socio-cultural benefits associated with all forms of sports and entertainment.
9. Identify the socio-cultural consequences associated with all forms of sports and entertainment.
10. Explore the channels of distribution available to the sports and entertainment fields.
11. Identify primary and secondary target markets.
12. Create a promotion plan for the sports and entertainment industry.
13. Create a pricing strategy for the sports and entertainment industry.
14. Explain the impact logistics has on the sports and entertainment industries.
Written exams, tests, quizzes.
Performance Exams (Marketing Plan Project)
Group Oral Presentations
Computer Simulation Project