Financial Aid Information:
The financial aid process begins when you file the FAFSA after Oct. 1st of the year before you plan to attend college. The FAFSA is based on the income information from your prior, prior tax year (For example, 2018 -2019 FAFSA is based on family income info from 2017)
Visit StudentAid.gov/fafsa to find out how to fill out the FAFSA and create your FSA ID, what information is needed for the FAFSA, what the deadlines are, and what happens after the FAFSA.http://www.pheaa.org/ Access the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency. PHEAA is a national provider of student financial aid services, serving millions of students and thousands of schools through its loan guaranty, loan servicing, financial aid processing, outreach, and other student aid programs.Fall 2018 PHEAA Webinar:The audio portion is accessible via your computer speakers. *Additionally, a recorded version of the presentation will be available for viewing on Youtube.com under PHEAA Student Aid the week of November 5th.
Event: State College High School Financial Aid Night Program: School Services - Financial Aid Event address for attendees: https://pheaa-events500.webex. com/pheaa-events500/onstage/g. php?MTID= e260a13e6b07ee264640e535fafacc a9f Date and time: Monday, November 12, 2018 6:00 pm
Eastern Standard Time (New York, GMT-05:00)
Duration: 1 hour Description:
Join PHEAA for a Financial Aid Night Webinar from the comfort of your home! Participants will learn how to apply for financial aid, including completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which is required to determine eligibility for most student aid programs such as the Pennsylvania State Grant, Federal Pell Grant, institutional awards and low-cost federal student and parent loans.Additionally, the new FSA ID will be discussed. Participants will also be briefed on Pennsylvania-specific aid programs, as well as the importance of minimizing student loan debt and searching for free money awards like scholarships to help pay for education costs. Event number: 407 551 503 Event password: 1234
Recorded version of the PHEAA available on Youtube: Recorded PHEAA WebinarPHEAA UPDATE From our Regional PHEAA representative:
- FSA ID must be completed 1 to 3 days prior to completing the FAFSA for use to electronically sign the form
- If a student/parent takes too long answering challenge questions, the site times them out.
- The fill in boxes are Gray/Light and very difficult to see, note that there are three separate boxes for First Name, Middle Initial and Last Name
- Students must have their Social Security number to complete an FSA ID
- Students should not use their high school email address as chances are it will be eliminated after graduation and will be tied to their FSA ID..._______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Click here to view the PSU financial information presented by Paul Simenson (Senior Manager, Office of Student Aid, PSU) on Sept 20, 2016.______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________What is the CSS PROFILE? click http://css.collegeboard.org/SCHOOLS THAT REQUIRE THE CSS PROFILE: for a complete list, click here: http://css-profile.com/schools-require-css-profile/___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Scholarship opportunity websites:
* unigo.com - scholarship match site
* www.fastweb.com - your free scholarship search solution
http://www.finaid.org/ click for more financial aid opportunities.http://maguirefoundation.org/maguire-scholars/pa-society-scholarship/ -low income/high achievinghttp://www.moneygeek.com/education/college/resources/financial-aid-for-online-colleges/ - lots of information
*http://www.schoolsoup.com/scholarship-directory - free scholarship search resource
*www.scholarshipguidance.com - free scholarship search resource
*www.ChristianConnector.com - free Christian college / scholarships search resource
*www.college-scholarships.com/free_scholarship_searches.htm - Lists and links to 70
no-cost scholarship search sites.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Other Links and Resources:http://studentaidhelp.ed.gov/app/home/site/studentaid