DISCLAIMER: SHOES and BOOKS are ALIKE!Yes, just like a pair of shoes, books need to “fit” in order to be fun.
And just like shoes, there’s a lot that goes into picking a good fit book.
Here are some links to help you find those books!Summer Reading Bookmarks by Grade:Here are the pdfs of Schlow's Reading Lists:
Check out this link for some more great ideas.Finding "the right" book.
- Kindergarten Reading List
- 1st Grade Reading List
- 2nd Grade Reading List
- 3rd Grade Reading List
- 4th Grade Reading List
- 5th Grade Reading List
- 6th Grade Reading List
More Suggestions? Try one of these lists!
- When deciding what kind of book to read, choice reading is all about what interests the reader. So fiction, non-fiction, biography, graphic novels... whatever grabs a reader's attention is perfect.
- To find a book not too hard, not too easy, but just right, try the Five Finger Method. The student reads the first page. Each time they encounter a word they do not know, it is to be counted with a finger. If they get to five fingers at the end of the page or before the end of the page, then that book may be too difficult and they should consider another choice.
- Guys Read - Suggestions by Guys for Guys
- Kidsreads.com - Place on the web for kids to find info about their favorite books, series and authors. Reviews of the newest titles,interviews with the coolest authors and special features on great books, triviagames, word scrambles and awesome contests!
- Reading Rockets - Recommended Books for Kids by theme
- ReadKiddoRead - Author James Patterson has created a list of great books if you are struggling to find something fun to read. Check it out!
- Common Sense Media - Get reviews on books, movies, and games with a family view. Very helpful!!
Last Modified on June 20, 2016