General Education Development (GED®)
Penn State University:
· Earn a high school diploma by taking and passing 4 assessments (Math, Reasoning through Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies).
· GED® graduates earn an average of $9300 per year more than non-graduates.
· 82% of learners with a goal obtained their GED® (PA State standard is 77%)*
· 40% of learners gained employment (PA state standard is 36%)*
· 31% transitioned to college or training programs (PA state standard is 15%)*
· 90% of enrolled learners either made educational skill gains in math, reading, or language; obtained a high school diploma; found a job; kept a job; or transitioned to college or training program.
* Pennsylvania Department of Education data from Program Year 2012/2013
To register for classes, please call or e-mail:
Lycoming County Centre County
Ruth Love-Schooley Michael McCarty
For additional information about the program, please contact:
Director, Career Pathways
Central Intermediate Unit
· Classes and books are offered free of cost!
· Classes offered in Centre, Clearfield, and Clinton counties
· For more information and to register for classes, please call 814-954-4679
· Tests are offered through the Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science and Technology (CPI): 814-359-2793