Information about meEducation
- State College Area High School Class of 1984
- Bachelor of Music in Horn Performance, Eastman School of Music, 1988
- Performer's Certificate, Eastman School of Music, 1988
- Master of Music in Horn Performance, Wichita State University, 1990
- Bachelor of Science in Education, University of Nebraska at Omaha, 2003
- Wichita Symphony Orchestra, 2nd Horn, 1988-1990
- Omaha Symphony Orchestra, Associate Principal/3rd Horn, 1990-2005
- Orchestra of the City of Barcelona, Associate Principal Horn, 1992-1993
I am Principal Horn of the Nittany Valley Symphony.
It would be really great to see more State High music students, both strings and winds, join us on stage.
I also encourage students and their families to come to our concerts whenever possible. Although it is fifty years old, the Nittany Valley Symphony remains an underexplored resource in our community.
Other things about me
My wife is the famous pianist, Svetlana Rodionova. If you have not made it to one of her concerts, ask me when she is playing next.
When my wife and I are not working, we go to Barcelona, Spain. I call it our weekend getaway, because it takes all weekend to get away to it.
My non-musical life revolves around books and numbers. I love science, math, philosophy, history and literature. If you have an interest in any of those subjects, then we probably have something in common.
The only large crowds that I enjoy are classrooms of students. Otherwise, I prefer one-on-one conversation.
Last Modified on August 26, 2017