Requesting Support from SCASD Music Boosters
The State College Area School District Music Boosters support the SCASD Music program in the form of service (e.g. volunteers) and funds. Completion of the Fund Request Form is required for requests to be considered.
Requests may be initiated by members of the SCASD music community (e.g. teachers, parents, students, etc.) and can also be made by Music Booster general members to request support for an activity/event that is not a "standing" Booster activity (i.e. supported by a Booster Committee/Chair).
To request support from the Music Boosters:
- Complete the Support Request Form indicating the type and amount of support you are requesting.
- Submit the completed form to the Music Boosters President via email, click HERE for address.
- Requests will be reviewed by the Music Boosters Executive Board and then brought to the next regular monthly business meeting for voting. Boosters meet monthly from Sept-May, with no December meeting. Meeting schedule can be found HERE.
- In some cases, those requesting support may be asked to attend the Music Boosters business meeting to provide additional information on the request prior to voting. Any requester attending a meeting will be asked to leave the room for final discussion by the general membership and for the voting process.
Evaluation of requests:
All requests will be considered with regard to the alignment of the request with the mission of the State College Music Boosters and Boosters' ability to accommodate the request. The mission of the State College Music Boosters is as follows:
State College Music Boosters is an all-volunteer, non-profit corporation that works with students, teachers, school administrators and community members to accomplish the following goals:
- To help raise and maintain interest in our excellent and extensive music program
- To provide financial support for equipment, scholarships, awards, and trips for bands, choirs and orchestral ensembles
- To advocate for the performing arts.