Parents often ask about what kind of questions they can ask their children regarding the books they are reading. Here are some to help guide your conversations:
- How does this book remind you of other books you've read?
- How does the author describe events in the story? What do you think is the author's style?
- Do you like the book? Why or why not?
- Why do you think the author wrote the book?
- How does the book connect to your own life?
- Would you recommend this book to someone else? Why or why not? If so, who?
- Why did you choose this book?
- Would you read another book by this author? Why or why not?
- What does this book leave you wondering or thinking about?
- Was this book easy, just right, or challenging to read? How can you tell?
- How do you feel about the characters in the book? Which ones would you want to meet in person and why?
- How was your interest captured in this book?
- What don't you understand in the book?
- Did you find any stereotypes in the book?
- How does the setting of the book relate to the story?
- How does the setting affect the characters?
Last Modified on August 18, 2020