Each year, the school board authorizes the student government to select four nonvoting student representatives to sit on the board. By convention, the student government allows the Delta advisory council to select one of the four representatives. The student government itself selects the remaining three.
Rights, Responsibilities and Powers
- Each representative serves on the board for one of the four marking periods. Representatives may also attend summer meetings if they wish, but this is not required.
- Representatives must regularly attend board meetings during their allocated marking periods.
- Representatives may speak in board meetings, but not vote.
- Representatives advocate on behalf of the student body, the student government and their own opinions.
- Representatives must remain free of Level II, III and IV violations while serving on the board.
- Representatives may attend board committee meetings during the day, but this is not required.
- Applicants must be rising juniors or seniors.
- Applicants must have reliable transportation to and from board meetings. These generally start at 7:00 PM every other Monday evening.
- Applicants DO NOT have to be members of student government. However, non-members applying for the board representative position must agree to join leadership council if they are selected.
- Applicants must print out THIS form and submit it to Mr. Merritt in C212 or via email.
- Applicants will be interviewed by a committee consisting of all graduating student government officers, school board representatives and administrators
- Based on the results of the interviews, the committee will select three applicants to be the board representatives.
Last Modified on August 25, 2022