What do we do?
Quite simply, State College Music Boosters have worked to support and uplift the outstanding music programs in the State College Area School District for more than 35 years.
How do we do this?
1. We raise funds to provide financial support for equipment, scholarships, awards, and trips for bands, choirs, and orchestral ensembles.
2. We share our time and energy to support music events.
3. We advocate for the performing arts and work to raise awareness of and interest in the district's music programs.
Music Booster events promote community among music students and families as well as raise funds for the organization as a whole. Get your "State College Music" t-shirts, jackets, and much more through the Clothing Sale at the beginning of the year. Join other families for dinner at Restaurant Nights throughout the year where businesses give a portion of the night's profits to Music Boosters. The December fundraising event at Barnes & Noble draws a crowd due to student performances throughout the evening. Buying Kettle Corn in the parklet during home football games supports music as well.
As part of our mission, we offer:
- Annual Used Instrument Sale
- Annual Music Clothing Sale
- Various fundraisers
- Financial support to meet programmatic and student needs
- Meals or snacks for students participating in music activities when schedules limit other options
- Refreshments for concerts and festivals
- Music Formal
- Advocacy. Members attend School Board and other meetings to monitor decisions which may affect our music programs, make sure the music programs have the necessary visibility and backing, and advocate for continued support of the music curriculum within the school district
To make these things happen, we need your membership and support!