1. How does the 6-day cycle work?
- The six-day cycle doesn't follow the day of the week. For example, the first day of school is Day 1 (Monday). That Friday would be Day 5, then there's Labor Day Monday, and when school resumes on that Tuesday, it will be Day 6. The next Day 1 would be that Wednesday.
2. What happens with a 2 hour delay schedule?
- It is a compressed schedule - all classes meet for a shorter period of time. There's no recess on delay days.
3. What is the concept behind teams at middle level?
- There are 6 teams at PFMS. The purpose of teaming allows for 110-125 students to have the same teachers, thus creating a smaller family environment for students.
4. Which entrance is used during the school day by parents and students?
- The main entrance near the main office in the front of the building is the official entrance between 8:00am-4:00pm.
6. Which entrance is used after 4:00pm by parents and students?
- The front entrance near the basketball courts in the front of the building is used after 4:00pm.
7. Which activities can students get involved with in 6th grade vs 7th & 8th grade (fall and spring intramurals)?
- Most intramurals are open to 6th grade, 7th grade, and 8th grade students. 6th grade students cannot play PIAA sports. PIAA sports start in 7th grade.
8. How do we find out when health forms are due for sports and when new intramurals are being offered?
- In our Daily Bulletin on the PFMS Homepage.
9. What is the history of team names at PFMS?
- Each team has a Pennsylvania native animal/reptile/bird name.
10. Where do we park at PFMS?
- We have three parking lots at PFMS. The front lot near the main office, the back lot in the back of the building, and the swimming pool lot. Parents are asked to refrain from driving into the main lot from 8:10 a.m. to 8:40 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. to 3:50 p.m.
**General Parking Lots:Main Parking LotPool Parking LotUpper Parking Lot
11. What is AREA?
- It stands for Activities, Remediation, Enrichment, Advising and occurs during our last period of the day. Students are able to choose various activities like volleyball, chess, quiet study, walk and talk, clubs, musical groups, and one day of ROAR (our school wide Positive Behavior Support initiative).
12. What are assignment books?
- We provide all students with an assignment book to keep track of their work free of charge. Assignment book replacement will be $3.00.13. How do parents check grades?
- In ParentVue, instructions are online with information about how to login.
14. How do parents contact teachers/administration?
- You can contact them via email or phone. Contact information is on the PFMS website.
15. How do parents know when key yearly events, dances, fun afternoons, etc. will occur?
- These events are announced on our Daily Bulletin on the PFMS webpage.
16. How do parents purchase a PFMS yearbook?
- Go to www.jostens.com to order a yearbook. Prices and additional information is located on the PFMS website under Daily Announcements.
17. How do parents send in lunch money to their student's accounts?
- Parents can send a check, made payable to SCASD, with their student to be turned in to the kitchen.
- Another option new to the district is My School Bucks. This is an electronic option to provide parents with a convenient, easy and secure online service to help manage their students' school lunch account.
- Frequently asked questions about My School Bucks are located here.
18. What is the process if a family would like to take an educational trip?
- Please use the following link to our Attendance page for reference.
Last Modified on July 18, 2022