Week of September 18th
- Monday - Day 3 - Library and Band
- Tuesday - Day 4 - PE AND Orchestra
- Wednesday - Day 5 - Art
- Thursday - Day 1 - Music
- Friday - Day 2 - STEM
Band and Orchestra lessons will continue this week. Band will be on day 3 and orchestra will be on day 4. Students should:
- come prepared on lesson days with instrument and folder
- know their lesson time for the week * I will have a schedule posted in my room, but it's helpful if they're familiar with the schedule and have an idea
- let their homeroom teacher and math teacher (if they'll be missing math) that they'll be missing class for a lesson
We will give the Math MAP assessment Wednesday, September 20th
RP Intramurals - 4th grade swimming forms were sent home with students Friday. Please return this week if interested. See this link for more information about swimming and RP intramurals
Reading: We continue to work our way through Module 1 of our new reading curriculum. We've read a few new stories from our books, practiced skills we learned last week, learned a few new skills, and started our first Storyworks magazine.
Writing: The students have done a fabulous job with the first two stages of the writing process for our Narrative Unit - brainstorming and planning. This week, we will begin drafting, work on building our writing stamina, and learn about strong leads.
Math: We will continue our work with Unit 1, Multiplicative Thinking, learning about new multiplication strategies this week.
Science: Our first week of science was awesome! Students learned about and made cast/mold fossils and trace fossils. We will continue our work this week!