Welcome to 6th Grade English!
In 6th grade, there will be many opportunities to read and be read to! You will have time to read and immerse yourself in books every day in Room 122 and throughout the school year! We will be immersed in literature and nonfiction text:
- during read-to-self time every day in class
- study time during GROWLs
- classroom read alouds
- monthly "Book Swaps" in the MNMS Library
- monthly "Book of the Month Talks" in the MNMS Library
- research projects in both English and Social Studies
- nightly reading at home for a minimum of 20 minutes
Are you looking for another opportunity to read even more? Check out this year's Book Madness competition! Create your own bracket and see how your favorite books fare through the Sweet 16, Elite 8, Final Four.... Which book will ultimately win the honor of being crowned the 2020 MNMS Book Madness champion?
In 6th grade, you will also have many opportunities to write! Writing is incorporated into every English class. You will be writing:
- personal narratives
- Book Talk scripts
- text dependent analysis essays (for both literature and nonfiction)
- an informational magazine article on a world issue of your choice
What have I been reading this summer?
Favorite 6th Grade Reads!