- Students should be able to pack and unpack their own backpack and operate zippers. They should be able to open their own lunch box and snack containers.
- Your child should be able to put on clothing and boots or shoes independently. Teach them to tie shoes! Work with your child toward this goal. This is a life skill! Practice builds independence!
- Encourage your child to:
- Listen to others.
- Do simple tasks.
- Pack and unpack a backpack!
- Help others.
- Follow directions.
- Use the bathroom without help.
- Dress without assistance.
- Wash hands correctly.
- A large backpack is required and helpful to get things to and from school. Please label your child’s backpack.
- Please label your child's items. We will do our best to get things back to you and if things are labeled, it is much easier.
- Refrain from bringing toys from home to school. We provide toys for our play time at school and we need to reduce items going back and forth from home to school!
- Missed school requires a written excuse. Feel free to email me and let me know what is going on. Follow up with a written excuse when your child returns to school.
- There is no assigned homework in kindergarten, but we do ask you to read with your child.
- LUNCH MONEY: Parents may want to create a lunch account for their child. Online deposits are available through My School Bucks. If your child would like to buy milk to go with their packed lunch or purchase a full lunch, the cost is deducted from the account. Use the link below to create and maintain an electronic lunch account and the site will notify you of low balances and allow you to monitor your child's spending. This is a great contact-free method.
- Menus will no longer be sent home from school. Menus are posted at www.scasd.org/schoolmeals, and electronic copies will be emailed to families each month.
- There is a daily snack break and kids bring their own snack and water bottle. Please label water bottles with your child's name!
Your child will have 5 special classes to participate in this year.
MUSIC, ART, STEM, PHYSICAL EDUCATION, LIBRARY
- Sneakers are always recommended for physical education.
Masks are optional during the 2022-2023 school year inside our school building and on school buses.
Be sure your child gets enough sleep...it makes for a better day! We do not have a nap time.
All children must go outside for physical activity during recess. The teacher is outside. Always dress for the weather!