Learning Enrichment Out
Want to design an out-of-school program or experience unique to your needs that supports a future goal? LE OUT might be right for you.
For the 2021-22 school year, the LE OUT application can be found online.
LE OUT past experiences
- Penn State classes
- Working with an ESL or classroom teacher at the elementary level
- Planning and executing a 500 mile bike ride to raise awareness about, and money for, diabetes research
- Research and creation of an in-school vertical garden to help provide greens to our cafeteria
- Working with a professor on campus for the purpose of research or exploration of a specialized topic
- Extensive community service project such as designing, building, and setting up bird boxes around Centre County, or planning and teaching a dance class to young children
- Job shadowing in a variety of professional offices -- legal, physical therapy, business and accounting
- Working one-on-one with a coach in an area of particular skill or specialty -- music, dance, skating, or another sport
- Schedule a meeting with one of the teachers below to discuss your plans. At this meeting, you will receive a contract (this contract will not be shared online) and parent permission for transportation form
- Type and submit a plan for what will occur during the scheduled OUT time and how the experience will support a future learning goal
- For any sport experience (dance, ice-skating, hockey, horse-back riding, gymnastics, wrestling, swimning, etc.), a letter of recommendation from a current coach (sample letter of recommendation)
- A resource person (a teacher, coach, or community member) who is aware of your plan and working with you in support of your goals. This resource person must have their child-abuse clearances on file with the district, per the instructions on this page.
- A monthly log & reflection turned in to the OUT teacher.
- Students must maintain superior academic performance (A's and B's) and be a full time student (a minimum of six classes, including Penn State) to remain in the OUT experience during school hours.
- The school does not provide transportation to OUT experiences
- The school can not guarantee parking passes for any student enrolled in the LE OUT program
- Students cannot have LE OUT for the purpose of paid work. Interested in a program that allows work? Check out Diversified Occupations in the CTC.
Need more information? Want to set up a meeting to discuss your plans? Contact the LE/ARTsmART teacher below who is best suited to serve your needs.
- Sheila Abruzzo 9th and 10th grade Learning Enrichment Out contracts
- Jennifer Rand 11th and 12th grade Learning Enrichment Out contracts
- Jill Campbell ARTsmART Out contracts for experiences in the arts