• What are the arrival and dismissal times?

    Children may enter the building at 7:55am; however, we do not start instruction (or consider a student tardy) until 8:10am. Dismissal begins at 3:00. 


    What supplies will my child need for kindergarten?

    Please be sure that your child has a backpack (labeled with his/her name) that is large enough to hold a chromebook, a folder, library books, and a lunch box if he/she plans to bring a lunch from home. If possible, please, also sent a pair of over-the-ear headphones, labeled with your child’s name, to be used with the chromebook. Our generous PTO provides school supplies for our students. If possible, please, consider donating tissues, clorox wipes, hand sanitizer, individual bags of snacks, and/or any size Ziploc bags for classroom use. 


    What should I do if my child will be absent?

    If your child will be absent, please call the school SAS line at 231-1171. If you do not call, the school will call you to verify that your child is not in school. When your child returns to school, please send a written excuse explaining the absence.

    If you know that your child will be absent due to a trip, please fill out an educational trip form two weeks in advance.


    What if my child will be late to school or if my child needs to be picked early?

    If you know in advance that your child will be late to school or needs to be picked up early, please send a note or email to let the office staff and me know. When your child arrives at school, you must sign him/her in at the school office, and if you are picking up your child early, you must sign him/her out in the school office.


    What if my child plans to buy lunch at school? How do I pay for my child's lunch?

    Please send your child's lunch money to school in a labeled envelope. Make checks payable to "State College Area School District Food Service". The money will be put into your child's account in the cafeteria. You can also put money into your child's account online.  Your child can buy a full lunch (includes milk) or milk only. You may check your child's balance by going to My School Bucks.  The cafeteria staff WILL NOT accept money during lunch time.  Money is sent to the cafeteria in the morning.  If your child will be buying lunch at school please go over the menu choices for that day with your child. 


    How is snack time handled?

    We will have snack time each day.  Please send a healthy snack to school with your child.  


    Can we send birthday treats/invitations to school?

    We would to glad celebrate your child's birthday at school. Please let me know ahead of time if you would like to send a treat to school so that I can make time in our schedule; however, your child may not bring birthday invitations to hand out to children in the classroom. We want to make every effort to avoid hurt feelings.


    How can I contact the teacher?

    You may contact me by email at psr15@scasd.org or by calling the office at 814-231-1170.  Please understand that I am working with the students during the day, so the best time to talk to me is before or after school. I will check my email before school, during lunch and specials, and after school.  If there is a last minute change in your child's routine, please, contact the office and they will be sure that I receive the message.