What services do we provide for our students?
- Provision of direct instruction addressing IEP goals and objectives during Study Skills, for which they earn up to .25 elective credits per marking period (up to 1 full elective credit per year)
- Assist students in gaining a better understanding of their individual strengths and needs, and in turn, how these strengths and needs relate to their own learning.
- Assistance with organization of course materials
- Maintenance of an assignment book
- Assistance with assignment completion
- Clarification of assignment or assessment directions
- Assistance with long-term projects
- Clarification of concepts not understood in general education classes (re-teaching)
- Assistance with the development of test-taking skills and strategies
- Assistance with test preparation, such as the completion of study guides
- Assistance with scheduling in conjunction with counselors
- Summertime: assistance with scheduling
What do we expect of our students?
- Complete homework assignments prior to Study Skills so that specific questions and skill areas may be addressed and remediated
- Check email everyday
- Come to school with a charged Chromebook
- Maintenance of a daily assignment book or other organization system
- Development of self-advocacy skills