***PLEASE sign back of paper and return*****
MOUNT NITTANY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL-PARENT COMPACT 2019-2020
Mount Nittany teachers and the parents of the students participating in activities, services, and programs funded by Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), agree that this compact outlines how the parents, the entire school staff, and the students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the State’s high standards.
The teachers of Mount Nittany will:
- Provide a high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables the participating children to meet the State’s student academic achievement standards.
- Adjust the instructional program to meet the needs of every child.
- Have high expectations for all students and show commitment to my profession through
continuous growth and professional development.
- Use research-based programs and materials for instruction.
- Hold parent-teacher conferences (at least annually in elementary schools) during which I will provide information and strategies to parents so they can help their children learn.
- Parent-Teacher goal setting conferences will be held in October and April.
- Additional conferences will be held when requested.
- Provide frequent assessments and continuous feedback on how your child is progressing academically.
- Classroom teachers will send home progress reports three times a year.
- Title 1 sends home progress reports in February and June.
- Provide parents reasonable access to staff. I will…
- Coordinate communication efforts with other staff to support the success of each child.
- Encourage consistent communication through phone calls (272-5970), email
(LLW18@scasd.org), school website, and Back to School Night.
- Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class, and to observe classroom activities, as follows:
- All parents/guardians are invited to come in and observe in the classroom at any time.
- Parents are invited to participate and volunteer during Title 1 events such as Barnes and Noble Night,
Back to School, and Parent Advisory Council.
Parent/ Guardian Responsibilities
We, as parents, will support our children’s learning in the following ways:
- Reading to my child.
- Encouraging my child to read each night as requested by Title 1 and the classroom teacher.
- Monitoring attendance.
- Making sure that homework is completed.
- Attend conferences, Back to School night and other Title 1 events.
- Staying informed about my child’s education and communicating with the school by promptly
reading all notices from the school or the school district either received by my child or by mail
and responding, as appropriate.
- Checking my child’s backpack and folders for notes and books each day.
- Participating in the decisions relating to my child’s education and extracurricular time.
I know my education is important to me. It will help me to become a better person. I know my parents want to help me, but I am the one who has to do the work. Therefore, I agree to the following:
- Do my homework every day and ask for help when I need to.
- Read at least 15 minutes every day outside of school time.
- Share all school papers with my parents/guardians.