Learning an instrument is fun, but it also takes hard work!
Help remind your child to practice.
- The newness wears off, and they will need extra encouragement to continue practicing.
- If students don't practice, they won't improve.
- If they don't improve, they won't have fun or enjoy playing their instrument.
Practicing is a musician's homework.
- It should be written down and scheduled. Find what time works best.
- Practicing will not always be something that your child wants to do, but it is crucial to their success.
- Instrumental teachers distribute a practice chart to help students keep track of practicing.
- Help your child fill out their practice chart to form good habits from the start.
Last Modified on August 27, 2019