We are happy to once again offer swimming to our fourth and fifth grade children. We provide these students with about 45 minutes of pool time during each session. The pool is staffed with lifeguards as well as a Certified Pool Operator. This swimming program is recreational; it is not an instructional program. Each day the pool will be limited to 50 participants as is mandated through the International Building Code.
Children will arrive at the Natatorium shortly after 3:45pm and must be picked up at the Natatorium between 4:45 and 5:00pm.
1. Safety is our number one priority at the Natatorium. We implement a "Three Strikes and You are Out" policy. When a policy is breached, the child will be given a verbal warning and the rule will be communicated to them by a staff member. On a second offense, the child will be asked to sit out for a time period to be determined by the staff member. Upon a third offense of "rule-breaking", the student will be asked to sit out for the remainder of the program. Staff members reserve the right to expel a child from the program at any time due to unsafe or risky behaviors.
2. All children will be screened on their first day to determine their ability to swim across the width of the pool (15 yards in 3.5 feet of water, non-stop). Children unable to complete the screening in a safe fashion will be restricted to the shallow end or will be required to wear a PFD in deeper water. Children will be given wristbands to designate any additional assistance they require. These wristbands must be visible to all staff on duty. Remember, safety is our Number One priority and we ask that you respect the expertise of the Natatorium staff when determining the ability and safety of a child.
3. All the pool safety rules will be discussed in detail by the Certified Pool Operator.
4. Students must bring their own swim suit and towel. The Natatorium does not provide suits and towels.
5. Children will not be permitted to swim if the Certified Pool Operator does not have a completed/signed blue permission slip IN HAND from parents/guardians.6. Children are not permitted to bring glass-faced diving masks. Only goggles and masks made of plastic materials will be permitted.
7. All medical conditions must be reported on the blue cards and to the Natatorium Staff. If the supervisor has any questions regarding the condition, she may contact you at the phone number you have provided on the card.
2023/2024 Tentative Swim Dates:
Corl Street: September 18, 19, 20
Grays Woods: September 21, 22, 26
Park Forest: September 27, 28, 29 (4th Grade ONLY)
Radio Park: October 2, 3, 4 (4th Grade ONLY)
Ferguson Township: March 25, 26, 27
Mount Nittany: April 1, 2, 3
Spring Creek: April 4, 5, 8
Easterly Parkway: April 9, 11, 12