First Grade HomeworkHomework is the additional practice and positive reinforcement of classroom instruction and learning.
Homework should follow the "10 Minute Rule" 10 minutes multiplied by the student's grade level per night.The district has adopted a new homework policy. For 1st Grade, students should read 10 minutes each night.
If you would like other ideas for things you could work with your child on at home
here are some suggestions for quality, year long practice with your child.
1. Read daily with your child.
2. Practice addition and subtraction facts to 10, so that they become automatic.
3. Practice telling time in hour and half hour increments on an analog clock.
4. Practice identifying and counting coins: penny, nickel, dime, quarter.
5. Learn full name, address, and phone number.
6. Practice the SNAP words.
7. Practice writing through thank you notes, friendly letters, grocery lists, etc.
8. Play the interactive math games on this website.
9. Work on the activities in the optional, monthly homework calendar that is sent in the Friday Folder.
10. Practice listening to and following three-step directions related to your home routine.
Last Modified on October 14, 2019