Vocabulary Journal Specifications: Due at the beginning of the class. Late journal (except for excused & unanticipated absenses) will not be accepted.
- Fifteen words are due every Monday, either typed & printed or written VERY legibly.
- Journals must be dated.
- Source must be specific:
- WRONG: New York Times/ RIGHT: New York Times 10/14/19 “What is wrong with Capitalism?”
- All words (entries, definitions, sources, & sentences) must be spelled correctly.
- All entries include word, dictionary definition, source information, & sentence revealing an understanding of the definition and correct usage of the word.
- Sentences should begin with capital letters and end with end punctuation.
- Entries cannot be from the current unit or past units of Word Power Made Easy.
- Up to five words can be “Gary” words from Vocabulary Class.
- Up to three words can be from classmates.
No words are to be selected from word generating sources or dictionaries.
VERY Tentative Schedule (subject to change as needed)
Monday: Go over corrected test; answer questions.
Play vocabulary games if time and schedule permits.
Tuesday: Book Work.
Wednesday: Book Work
Thursday: Vocabulary Journals due & Book Work.
Tests will consist of objective questions (completion, matching, multiple choice, etc.). Every test will have the potential for 5 points extra-credit drawn from that week’s journal.
Approximate pages of the Units:
Unit 1: 19-53 Unit 2: 54-80
Unit 3: 81-114 Unit 4: 115-147
Unit 5: 148-181 Unit 6: 182-238
Unit 7: 239-281 Unit 8: 282-340
Unit 9: 341-391 Unit 10: 392-450
Unit 11: 451-496 Unit 12: 497-527
There will be a Midterm Exam (Units 1-6) and a Comprehensive Final Exam.
Due 23 January 2020: 50 "cool" words (typed list; definitions are not necessary.
Due 22 January: 50 Cool Words List
Due 31 January: 15 Flash cards
3 February: Test 1
12 February: Journal 2
13 February: Test 2