OPTIONAL ELA/Reading Home Opportunies
Please note- that if you choose one of these aps/sites that is not an "official" school site, it may collect data on your student's use. Parents should may individual decisions about their comfort level on a site by site basis.
In addition to these optional opportunies for learners who access my services when school is in session, building librarians have also done a wonderful job with compiling resources on the library webpages.
NEWLY ANNOUNCED (THANKS MR. B) FREE AUDIBLE STORIES https://stories.audible.com/
Schlow Memorial Library also has free online resources to explore like audio & e-books. You can apply for a library card online to access their materials.
Some great sites to use at home are:
https://www.readworks.org/. This site has always been free. It is K-12 customizable and many stories include audio readings.
Raz Kids Many of my reading group kiddos already have an account, but I believe that it is being offered for free during closings. For those who already have an account, the teacher name is lpazak. If you aren't sure if your kiddo has one, email me. I'm checking in frequently.
- https://www.eduplace.com/tales/. "Wacky Web Tales" is classroom favorite and a great way to laugh!
- https://tarheelreader.org/ Lots of books with pictures to supplement text
- https://conversationstartersworld.com/would-you-rather-questions-for-kids/. This is another activity we often use for some groups to warm up to lessons. Kids should not just make a choice, but explain why. Focus on feeling words, adjectives, and sentence structure. (Can be turned into a writing activity)
Storyline Online. Celebrity Read Alouds.
- Writing Webinar Next week
- https://www.ixl.com/signin/scasd. This resource is available to all students at SCASD. You can access it with your student's email log in.
- https://www.splashlearn.com/ Offering free acounts to parents.
- https://www.math-aids.com/. No online games/interaction, but by far my favorite site for printables. If you picked up the optional materials I left at the Special Ed office, much of the math stuff comes from here.
- ABC Mouse & Afflilated Sites https://www.ageoflearning.com/school_closure_pdf/ParentLetter_AofL_SCHOOL6739.pdf
- Education.com (Brainzy). https://www.education.com/. I THINK parents can just make their own account, but I'll keep searching to see if I can find my code to share with you.
- https://kahoot.com/schools-u/. This is also a favorite activity. I'm not sure I know how to run it remotely so that I could host a group to play, but there are tons
- Videos of all types! https://www.neok12.com/
Zones of Regulation Videos- Feelings Exploration
Virtual Field Trips