SCASD Board of Directors Virtual meetings
The State College Area School District Board of School Directors will hold its regular school board and committee meetings online using Zoom. Due to Governor Wolf's mandated school closings and stay in place order, as a result of COVID-19, this will be a virtual meeting. Instructions for joining the webinar can be found below. The Board of School Directors meeting is open and the public is welcome to join via the virtual platform.
In order to attend the meetings online, you will need to pre-register by clicking on the link which will be posted below. After pre-registration has been completed, you will receive a confirmation email with the link to join the virtual meeting.
Facilities and Grounds Committee Meeting, June 4th, 2020 11:30 A.M.
- Register to attend- https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_w5fww01fQSyt_3h3r7GiOw
- The virtual Meeting platform will open at 11:00 A.M.
Finance and Audit Committee Meeting, June 11th, 2020 10:00 A.M.
- Register to attend- https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_U_eTmuM6RpycnN7rHF8pdw
- The virtual Meeting platform will open at 9:30 A.M.
SCASD Budget meeting & Regular Board of Directors Meeting, June 15th, 2020 7:00 P.M.
- Register to attend- https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_hz9v96RaRYODnZ9XXm6TRg
- The virtual Meeting platform will open at 6:30 P.M.
- Wireless internet access will be available at the Panorama Village Administration Building parking lot for those requiring access to the internet, to utilize this public access please join the "SCASD-Public" wireless network.
- Regular board meetings will be recorded through Zoom and broadcast live through CNET as well as on their normal schedule
- Participants will use the raise hand feature in Zoom to provide public comment; you will not appear on video.
- As with regular board meetings, please state your name and where you are from. Each individual will be limited to comments of three (3) minutes as time permits for items on the agenda or related to Board business.
- For attendee technical support during the meeting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 814-231-7743
Questions and Answers
When will I be able to join the Zoom Webinar?
The virtual meeting room will open thirty minutes prior to the start of the meeting.
Will remote board meetings be available on C-Net?
Yes, C-Net will air the meeting live in the Zoom format on Channel 98 and through their YouTube live stream.
How will public comment be received?
During times of public comment, audience members connected through Zoom will have an opportunity to raise their hand signaling that they would like to provide comments. The meeting host will acknowledge each person with their hand raised, and they will be able to address the board verbally for the allotted time.
I am concerned about privacy, will the board be able to see me during the meeting?
During the meeting you will be able to see and hear the board, however, they will not be able to see you and will only hear you if you have raised your hand and are acknowledged by the meeting host.