Hello to our high school cheerleaders and families,
We hope that this email finds you and your families safe and healthy. In light of recent school closings, and the lack of clarity regarding when our schools will reopen, our coaching staff wanted to make you all aware of our plan moving forward with the 2020-2021 season. We apologize in advance for the length of this letter!
- Our program will hold a virtual informational meeting for all athletes interested in trying out for the 2020-2021 season via zoom on Monday, May 11th at 6:00 pm. We ask that all athletes are accompanied by a parent or guardian for this meeting. If you cannot attend this meeting, don't worry! Our coaches will upload the meeting to our website along with all paper documents that your family will need access to. The link for this meeting can be found on the Virtual 2020-2021 HS Cheerleading Information Document attached to this email.
- Our program will also be holding virtual tryouts for our high school sideline teams. On Monday, May 18th, coaches will hold a live zoom session at 4:00 pm for all athletes currently in 8th - 11th grade to teach a cheer, dance, jump technique, and go over the tryout rubric. A video of the cheer and dance will also be posted to our team Instagram and website pages for student-athletes to review. Student-athletes will have a week to practice and perfect the tryout material. On Tuesday. May 26th, all athletes will be required to email their tryout video to all three high school coaches by 4:00 pm. Coaches will review and score the videos and select the sideline teams. Each athlete will receive an email on Friday, May 29th with an invitation to join either the junior varsity to varsity sideline team. Once our schools are approved to reopen, we will begin in-person practices, where we will teach and assess stunting skills, allowing us to select competition teams. It is possible that this may not happen until camp. We will be sure to communicate a plan to everyone as soon as we are back in session! It is also important that all student-athletes are aware that they will be required to cheer on both a sideline and a competitive team.
- Please look at the following documents linked to our website for more information:
- Virtual 2020-2021 HS Cheerleading Information Document
- Includes important dates and links for open gyms, meetings, and tryouts.
- Includes an estimated cost breakdown for the 2020-2021 season (this will be finalized by the informational meeting on May 11th).
- Includes information about physicals
- HS Virtual Tryouts
- Includes all zoom links and dates/times for sideline tryouts
- Includes information about the tryout video athletes will be required to submit
- Preseason Workout Calendar & Virtual Open Gym Schedule
- It is important that we are continuing to practice and build up our strength as a team. Please follow the workout plan and attend all open gym sessions you are able to! We are trying to "flip" our practice plans so that we can teach all sideline cheers/dances before the summer begins. That way, when we are back in action and able to practice as a team, we can focus on stunting skills.
- PRIVIT Physical Uploading directions
- This is not something you need to worry about until after June 1st and before we have our first in-person practices.
We know that we are throwing a lot of information at you. Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions if you have them! We will address all of these directions when we meet on May 11th for the informational meeting. Thank you for your understanding, patience, and support as we venture into this new experience!
Coach Webb, Coach May, and Coach Stauffer