6th Annual Happy Feet Fun Run
POSTPONED until Spring 2021
This is one of the ONLY fundraisers that the PTO hosts (there is nothing to buy or sell)! Last year's Fun Run raised more than $26,000 due to your generous donations!
In order for us to continue funding the many field trips, supplies, and teacher requests we get each year, we need to have a successful Happy Feet Fun Run Fundraiser. More than 97% of the money raised each year goes directly to Park Forest Elementary!
Thank you in advance for your participation and/or donation. Your efforts and support make Park Forest Elementary a wonderful place for our children to learn!
A link to donate will be posted here soon!
What happens during the Fun Run?
- Students will walk or run during a 15-minute period during the school day at a designated time.
- All children will walk or run in the Happy Feet Fun Run, even if they don't collect any donations.
- Children are encouraged to wear comfortable clothing and gym shoes on the day of the event.
When will my student run?Students will participate in the Fun Run by running on the loop behind PFE, between the playground and the gardens/parking lot. Spectators are welcome and encouraged to cheer on your student! Students will run by grade level; the schedule will be posted soon.
How do we participate?
- Students will collect tax-deductible donations from family and friends.
- Please return all donation money in the envelope sent home with your student (except for online credit card donations as they will be tallied separately).
- Spectators are welcome and encouraged the day of the event; only students and staff will participate in the Fun Run.
- We welcome volunteers the day of the race. See the 'Sign-Up' Feature of your Membership Toolkit account to help with the Fun Run!
How do we get donations?
- Ask friends, neighbors, family members, and co-workers to contribute. Children should not go door-to-door alone.
- Donors contribute a flat amount, rather than a donation based on the number of laps completed.
- Online/credit card donations can be made online.
- Cash and checks (made payable to: Park Forest Elementary PTO) are also accepted.
Is there a goal per student/family and what are the prizes?Every donation, no matter the amount, will benefit our students and school. We THANK YOU for your support!
We would like to encourage every student to raise at least $25. If your family chooses not to solicit donations, please consider making a personal donation on behalf of your child(ren).
Prizes are awarded at the individual, classroom, and school level. Check back soon to see what you can win!
How can I help during the event?
Thank you in advance for helping to make the Happy Feet Fun Run a big success!