Weekly Update - November 22, 2020
Required forms for swimming
Several forms are required BEFORE your swimmer can participate in practices. Most forms are required once per season, but the daily health screening is required daily.
- Parent Agreement Form – Required at the beginning of the season before your swimmer can participate: https://docs.google.com/document/u/3/d/1iEZkX3wFmwDVdA82aa-xtouDv2Mz99z8Lu1cUIAZLKA/mobilebasic
- Weight Room Permission Form – Required for all swimmers at the beginning of the season: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SETTD5T-iiPLBSl0qKUuV4R1YGELz0mi/view
- Daily Health Screening – This online form MUST BE COMPLETED EACH DAY in order to participate in any practice or team event: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JipEIKfyaWUZEUa2X0jyIBnvvr_YS_hl7GxYllFNOis/viewform?ts=5fa3fb96&edit_requested=true
Maroon and Gray practice groups
Due to lane restrictions this season, we are dividing our team into two groups for practice times – Maroon and Gray. You will practice with the same group of swimmers throughout the season.
- Maroon practice group – All seniors, all juniors, any sophomores that represented State High at the PIAA State Championships in 2020
- Gray practice group – All freshman and any returning sophomores that did NOT attend PIAA State Championships in 2020
Preparing for practice
Here are a few tips for your first week of practice:
- Masks – Masks must be worn at all times when you are not in the pool. Please wear your mask onto the deck and put it back on when you exit the pool.
- Equipment – The team will provide equipment/equipment bags to all swimmers. You may bring your own equipment if you prefer. Equipment bags may be left at the pool between practices.
- Locker rooms – Locker rooms are available, but are limited to no more than 15 swimmers at a time. Please minimize time in the locker rooms and follow social-distancing rules. Remember to wear your mask in the locker room.
- Sign up for Remind notifications – Text @scsd20 to 81010 to receive important updates from coaches
- Read the weekly update – Every week we publish an updated list of reminders and important information. We'll send a notice via Remind when it's available. READ THE WEEKLY UPDATES! They are an important part of our team communications.
First week practice schedule
We are running a modified practice schedule this week:
- Maroon – Swim from 6-7:30am; team meeting from 7:30-8:00am; no PM practice
- Gray – No AM practice; swim from 4:00-5:30pm; team meeting from 5:30-6:00pm
- Maroon – Swim from 6:00-8:00am; dryland from 4:00-5:00pm
- Gray – Dryland from 7:00-8:00am; swim from 4:00-6:00pm
- Wednesday – Practice on your own. If you don't have access to a pool, work on dryland skills at home. More details provided during practice.
- Thursday – No practice. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Maroon – Swim from 8:00-10:00am
- Gray – Swim from 6:00-8:00am.
Practice schedule/modified schedule this week
Here is the standard weekly schedule that we'll be using throughout the season
A downloadable version of the practice schedule is also available.
- Sign-up for Remind – Text @scsd20p to 81010 to receive important updates from coaches (this is separate from the swimmer's Remind)
- Parent meeting – Look for more information for a parent/family meeting to be held after December 1st. We'll discuss team expectations, introduce coaches, explain the role of the Booster Club, and more.
Let's Go State!
Show Up / Honor Your Teammates With Your Effort / Do Things Correctly