Weekly Update - November 30, 2020
"Swim like there's no tomorrow, like today never happened, and like yesterday wasn't good enough."
Required forms/actions for swimming
Several forms are required BEFORE your swimmer can participate in practices. Most forms are required once per season, but the daily health screening is required daily.
- Parent Agreement Form (once per season) – Required at the beginning of the season before your swimmer can participate: https://docs.google.com/document/u/3/d/1iEZkX3wFmwDVdA82aa-xtouDv2Mz99z8Lu1cUIAZLKA/mobilebasic
- Fitness Center Permission Form (once per season) – Required for all swimmers at the beginning of the season: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SETTD5T-iiPLBSl0qKUuV4R1YGELz0mi/view
- Daily Fitness Center Health Screening (every day fitness center is used) – This is different from our daily swimming health screening (yes, we know this is a pain): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd58A7cwU0XSUdct-i0tzcgdUVUAEcb4vfS0y7grFg0vTG6OQ/viewform
- Fitness Center App Sign-up (setup once, use daily) – To be ready to use the weight room, download the Teambuildr App. Use this code to join: 145H-YH5H – The initial password is: D36ZF6AZ – Create your own password when you sign in. This will allow you to see the workout for the Swim/Dive group. Workouts will be loaded before you lift but are not yet posted.
- Some of you are not certified to be in the fitness center yet—we are aware of this and are working to resolve this issue. Please report to the pool for dryland in the meantime.
- Daily Health Screening – This online form MUST BE COMPLETED EACH DAY in order to participate in any practice or team event: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JipEIKfyaWUZEUa2X0jyIBnvvr_YS_hl7GxYllFNOis/viewform?ts=5fa3fb96&edit_requested=true
Practice details and important items to be completed
Due to lane restrictions this season, we are dividing our team into two groups for practice times – Maroon and Gray. Each swimmer recieved an email about which group they are currently in.
A swimmer contract is included on page 14 of the Parent Packet. It should be reviewed by parents and swimmers, signed, and turned in before practice on Monday.
Goal sheets were handed out at practice and must be turned in before practice on Monday. Additional goal sheets can be printed from the last two pages of the Parent Packet
Suit sizes will be collected at practice Monday and Tuesday—due to COVID we are unable to offer a suit try-on. Ask a coach or teammate for help if you are unsure of your size.
- Girls Suit: Speedo Solid Endurance Thin Strap Suit
- Boys Suit: Basic black brief
- Both suits are pictured in the Parent Packet
Preparing for practice
Here are a few tips for your second week of practice:
- Masks – Masks must be worn at all times when you are not in the pool. Please wear your mask onto the deck and put it back on when you exit the pool.
- Equipment – The team will provide equipment/equipment bags to all swimmers. You may bring your own equipment if you prefer. Equipment bags may be left at the pool between practices.
- Locker rooms – Locker rooms are available, but are limited to no more than 15 swimmers at a time. Please minimize time in the locker rooms and follow social-distancing rules. Remember to wear your mask in the locker room.
- Sign up for Remind notifications – Text @scsd20 to 81010 to receive important updates from coaches
- Health Screening Forms (swimming and fitness center) are two separate forms that will be sent out each morning at 5:15am via Remind for you to fill out
- Read the weekly update – Every week we publish an updated list of reminders and important information. We'll send a notice via Remind when it's available. READ THE WEEKLY UPDATES! They are an important part of our team communications.
Practice schedule/modified schedule this week
- Regular practice schedule this week
- The only change will be on Saturday (12/5) – practice times are yet to be determined. Listen for announcements at practice.
Here is the standard weekly schedule that we'll be using throughout the season
A downloadable version of the practice schedule is also available.
Sign-up for Remind – Text @scsd20p to 81010 to receive important updates from coaches (this is separate from the swimmer's Remind)
Parent meeting – A beginning of season parent meeting will be held on Tuesday evening via Zoom at 7:00pm
Let's Go State!
Show Up / Honor Your Teammates With Your Effort / Do Things Correctly