Weekly Update - December 6, 2020
"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; Being willing is not enough; we must do." – Leonardo Da Vinci
Actions for swimming
Several forms are required BEFORE your swimmer can participate in practices.
- Daily Health Screening – This online form MUST BE COMPLETED EACH DAY in order to participate in any practice or team event: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JipEIKfyaWUZEUa2X0jyIBnvvr_YS_hl7GxYllFNOis/viewform?ts=5fa3fb96&edit_requested=true
- Daily Fitness Center Health Screening (every day fitness center is used) – This is different from our daily swimming health screening (yes, we know this is a pain): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd58A7cwU0XSUdct-i0tzcgdUVUAEcb4vfS0y7grFg0vTG6OQ/viewform
Practice details and important items to be completed
Booster Club Dues - Please print page 9 of the Parent Information Packet and mail your Booster Club Dues to Jean Brownstead
Apparel Store - The State College Swim & Dive Apparel Store is now open! The store will be open through Tuesday, Dec. 8. Please order as soon as possible to ensure that your selections are available. If you have any questions or issues, please let Tonia Sulman know.
Current Holiday Practice Times(subject to change):
- December 23rd – Normal AM, PM- Intersquad Meet
- December 24th and 25th – No Practice
- December 26th – 8-10:30am (more details at practice)
- December 28-31st – 7:30-11:30am Practice time for the two groups(details at practice)
- January 1st – No Practice
- January 2nd – Practice 8-10:30am (more details at practice)
Preparing for practice
Here are a few reminders for your third week of practice:
- Masks – Masks must be worn at all times when you are not in the pool. Please wear your mask onto the deck and put it back on when you exit the pool.
- Locker rooms – Locker rooms are available, but are limited to no more than 15 swimmers at a time. Please minimize time in the locker rooms and follow social-distancing rules. Remember to wear your mask in the locker room.
- Sign up for Remind notifications – Text @scsd20 to 81010 to receive important updates from coaches
- Health Screening Forms (swimming and fitness center) are two separate forms that will be sent out each morning at 5:10am and 3:00pm via Remind for you to fill out
- Read the weekly update – Every week we publish an updated list of reminders and important information. We'll send a notice via Remind when it's available. READ THE WEEKLY UPDATES! They are an important part of our team communications.
Practice schedule/Modifications this week
- Saturday Practice 8-10:30am Maroon and Gray, Be dressed for a dryland start!
Here is the standard weekly schedule that we'll be using throughout the season
A downloadable version of the practice schedule is also available.
Sign-up for Remind – Text @scsd20p to 81010 to receive important updates from coaches (this is separate from the swimmer's Remind)
Please read over the Parent Packet
Let's Go State!
Show Up / Honor Your Teammates With Your Effort / Do Things Correctly